Vervaeke (or ASD-Group BV) is committed to protect your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding your rights and the security of customer personal information very seriously.
Vervaeke or ASD-Group BV (hereafter: “Vervaeke”, ”we” or “us”)
Eekhoutstraat 33 or 45
Data Protection Officer
Since we are a small company, of which the core activities does not consist of processing personal data, we are not obligated to have a Data Protection Officer. Since we take privacy very serious, we did appoint a Privacy Officer within Vervaeke . You can always contact this Privacy Officer to ask questions or exercise your rights by sending an email towards email@example.com
This privacy notice applies to all data processing activities executed by Vervaeke and all personal data collected by Vervaeke . This concerns: customer data, details of prospects, applicants, subscribers to the newsletter, suppliers and participants of events.What information do we collect and with what purpose?
We will always process personal information based on a legal obligation, contract or given consent.
Vervaeke collects 3 types of personal data:
1. Identification information
- to communicate with you, our customer, supplier, applicant or prospect
- to deliver our services
- to sell you a product or service
- to send you a newsletter
- to ask for your feedback
- to keep you posted about events we organize and you might be interested in
- to contact you for a job interview when you apply for a job at Vervaeke .
2. Professional & employment data
- To know which company you work for, so we know better how we can offer you any professional help
- To know your professional history and competences when you apply for a job at Vervaeke and ASD-Group BV
3. Household composition
Sometimes, when providing a service for your company, consultants will come across personal data as well. We don’t store this data within the Vervaeke network.
Disclosure to third parties
Vervaeke websites may provide links to third-party websites. Vervaeke does not make any representations or warranties with respect to such third-party websites. You should be aware that the owners and operators of such third-party websites might collect, use or transfer Personal Data under different terms and conditions than Vervaeke . Upon linking to a third-party website, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies of such third-party websites.
Vervaeke shares your data with its network of resellers as Vervaeke works in most countries with local partners.
Security of your Personal Data
Vervaeke protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data. We use various technological and procedural security measures in order to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Data retention period
We do not process your Personal Data any longer than is necessary for the purposes set forth in this Policy. We keep your data as long as you’re an active contact (customer, lead, …) and actively delete your data 5 year after once you become an inactive contact. With the exception of the measurements of the products Vervaeke sells. In that way when customers ask us for the measurements up to 20 years after installation we can assist them.
Vervaeke stores most data locally. We only transfer data towards the following categories of processors and third parties:
- HR processors
- Dynamics CRM and ERP
We store all Personal Data within the European Union.
Consent and Opt-Out clause
1. Email Communications: You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions provided in those emails. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
2. Cookies: If you do not want us to track your activity using cookies, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our services may not function properly without cookies.
3. Data Sharing: If you don't want us to share your personal information with third-party partners for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Opt-Out of Data Sharing."
To ensure that your opt-out request is honored, please provide sufficient detail about the data or activity you wish to opt out of. Opt-out requests will be processed within 30 days.
If and to the extent provided under applicable Belgian and European law, you shall have the right:
- to obtain from Vervaeke confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data are being processed and, where that is the case, you shall have the right to access such Personal Data being processed.
- to obtain from Vervaeke, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
- to obtain from Vervaeke the erasure of Personal Data.
- to obtain from Vervaeke the restriction of processing your Personal Data.
- to receive the Personal Data in a structured and commonly used, machine-readable format and have such Personal Data transmitted.
- to object to processing of your Personal Data and to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
To exercise one of these rights, send an email to email@example.com. Please
note that there will always be a check to prove your identity. Additionally, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorized supervisory if the processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. This Notice is effective as of January 2020 (the “Effective Date”) and this policy has been updated 26/08/2023.